Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thankful





It was with humble gratitude for the incredible, bountiful, mercies of the Lord that we celebrated Thanksgiving this year. Feeling like I should prepare my heart for the great day, I read Hebrews 10:19-23. It is with confidence that we can enter the holy places THROUGH THE BLOOD OF JESUS, by the new and living way that HE opened for us........we can draw near to God with a true heart....sprinkled clean from an evil conscience. I never feel that I express my heart adequately with words, so to keep it simple, that is what I am most thankful for this year.
Some of the other things I am thankful for are pictured below!


We celebrated with Brian's family at his Aunt Mary's house. Madeline tasted the windows.



Rebekah tasted the salad.



We all ate lots of turkey (the BEST turkey ever, thank you Tom!) mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls, cranberry sauce, bread stuffing, and PIE!




Cherry birthday pie for my birthday man!



Handsome yes? And in this picture he doesn't look a day over thirty! (mwahahaha!)





A cousin picture. The cousin group was considerably lacking, Brian's sister and her husband did not make the trip so we were missing four (five in February!) of theirs. Rebekah will be a big sister in April. That makes ten grandchildren ages nine and under for Nana and Papa Henke.





Mary's husband Tom, was able to have some of his grandchildren to celebrate with us. They were delightful. Noah and Shiloh enjoyed some rousing games of Candy Land, Chutes and Ladders and memory with their new friends.




Mary loves to dance, here she is getting Nana and some of the little ones in on the action.


Shiloh loves to dance too!






Just before we got in the car to make the two hour trek home we posed for a family picture. We were certainly blessed by the hospitality of Mary and Tom. Their house is so inviting and they had all kinds of treasures to keep the children entertained and everyone comfortable. Thank you both so much for a delightful Thanksgiving.







No comments:

Post a Comment