Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Birthdays Should be Special



Tomorrow, November 25th, is Brian's thirtieth birthday. (btw: it is also Thanksgiving) Thirty, 30, three-zero, three decades, almost 1/3 of one hundred. Wow. Because birthdays should be special the kids and I made cards and wrapped his meager gifts today.








The cards were too cute not to share. We got him a shirt, gorilla glue, Elmer's wood glue and duct tape. The one thing he asked for was a cheesecake, I have been to the store twice in as many days and have forgotten both times. I bought him a regular cake on Sunday. I was going to surprise him with it at church, during our Thanksgiving meal. The efficient kitchen ladies had it cut before service was even over and you couldn't read the beautiful blue writing. He had no clue until I explained to him. I am sorry dear, sorry that I have had such a hard time making this milestone birthday special. Thank you for loving me even when I don't always love you like I should.



I am hoping there are cookies in the fed ex box.




1 comment:

  1. I am hoping there was a CHEESECAKE in the box!!!
    Yeah, Brian!! I'm sorry you thought we were drunk when we called and sang happy birthday to you... unless that thought made you happier... because that was really the point of the call.
    SO, SO, SO glad to have a man like Brian in this family. We are blessed indeed.

    ReplyDelete