Monday, October 25, 2010

Four!



Noah turned four this month! Contemplating the fact that I have been a mother for four years, that my oldest child is four years old, makes me feel old and scared. Aren't I supposed to be better at this? I have four years under my belt. Anyway, we had a simple family celebration to mark his turning of age. Our celebration feast: biscuits and gravy, chosen by the birthday boy himself. (Brian and I actually had to coax this decision. Noah's first choice was steak but we reminded him that he doesn't eat steak. We literally have to threaten consequences to get this kid to eat most meat.)



After dinner, a rousing game of Trouble! This game was one of Noah's gifts.

He enjoyed it and picked up on the concepts quickly. Noah's other gift was a car service station for his matchbox cars. Brian has a fun time shopping for him I think.


After the game, too much chocolate cake with satiny chocolate glaze and Reese's peanut butter cups on top. Hmm, I am not sure why there are only three candles in this picture, I think Noah put the fourth candle on the other side of the cake.
Noah, you have grown so much! We love your sense of humor, strong work ethic, tender heart and quick mind. You are a joy and a delight to our family and we praise God for giving you to us for this time. We hope and pray that you will continue to grow in the love and knowledge of our dear Heavenly Father and that each year will draw you nearer to Him. Happy Birthday!!
Love, Mom and Dad



1 comment:

  1. Noah looks so much like Brian in that first picture. Not that I have ever seen Brian make that face before... but it reminds me of him for some reason! :)

    Noah is such a little man, oh my goodness! Happy Birthday, Noah!!

    ReplyDelete