
Earlier this week I took the kids to the zoo. There is a new resident there; his name is Nikita. He was very entertaining, diving, swimming and pushing off of the glass. I was never able to get a good picture of his face.
Noah and Shiloh really enjoyed watching the Polar Bear's antics. We were all envious of his pool, it was hot out.

His feet are HUGE!

We also visited some other areas of the zoo. The tropics house is always fun. This Gibbon monkey is so peculiar. The length of his arm is incredible.

Noah kept posing by things saying "Mom, take my picture here." Shiloh, of course, could not be left out. They love riding the train at the zoo, sometimes more than observing the animals.

The Snakes Alive! exhibit is neat, if you like snakes. I don't, but we looked at them anyway. We had just read the story of the serpent lying to Eve in the garden that morning, so I thought it would be fitting. This below is a Ball Python. When I worked at an animal hospital during that huge ice storm years ago, we had clients who slept with their python to keep it warm while their electricity was out. That makes me gag.




So cool!! Nikita is awesome!
ReplyDeleteDoes Noah want Auntie to get him a snake for his birthday, instead of an ant farm?????
I still think Mom and Dad should have let me get a gibbon.
No snakes as pets in this house!
ReplyDelete