Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Eight Months!





This precious baby is eight months old today! I cannot believe how quickly time passes. Madeline is truly a blessing with her bright smile and energetic attitude. Already she is crawling, pulling up and this week has been letting go of whatever she pulled up on to stand for an instant, unassisted. Her smile displays how proud she is of herself!


Look, two teeth!!! Madi has also become a real "chow hound" devouring her fruit and veggie purees, then loudly asking for more!


Always, always greets her siblings with a smile!

We have been really enjoying this summer. I have not been blogging as much as I thought that I would because, well, I would rather do other things. I had intended that this be sort of a journal or on-line scrapbook of my family and now I feel so far behind! So I will just list some of the things that have been keeping us busy because another one of my aversions to blogging is that uploading and arranging pictures takes an insane amount of time.
We have wonderful families and it is such a blessing to spend time with them. Last week we had some cousins over for a playdate and though I didn't take pictures, their mother did (she is awesome like that and in many other ways!) You can see evidence of our fun time here.
Brian was ordained as a Pastor Leader at our church . The service was very moving and we are thankful for all of the support and prayers of our friends and family. This has been a very humbling experience as we totally do not feel worthy of this calling but rejoice that Christ's grace is sufficient and we are excited for the work he is doing in our lives and at our church.
Earlier this week, I took the kids to the zoo to see the new polar bear. I hope to post about that soon. Tomorrow we head to the State Fair, so the fun times keep on coming!

1 comment:

  1. What a precious baby! I miss having one around...but I will see my 2 yr old grandson tomorrow...he's flying in from across the country! Can't wait. You are truly blessed with a beautiful family.
    xoxo
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete