I love allrecipes.com and receive an e-mail from them daily with different recipes. This has really helped me out of a dinner rut and keeps my family happy! I really like being able to read the reviews on recipes and then implement the changes that others have tried since I am not a brave cook and tend to stick to what is written. Also, I like checking the nutritional facts of a recipe so I can choose healthy meals. While this recipe may not be too healthy it is one of our favorite desserts, especially toppped with some vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
Triple Berry Crisp
1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
4 tablespoons white sugar
2 cups all- purpose flour
2 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon gound nutmeg
1 1/2 cups butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
In a large bowl, gently toss together blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and white sugar, set aside.
In a separate large bowl, combne flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press half of mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Cover with berries. Sprinkle remaining crumble mixture over the berries.
Bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, or until fruit is bubbly and topping is golden.
Couple of notes: I have only ever used frozen berries and it always turns out great. It is a good idea to double this recipe, it goes fast!! Sorry I don't have a picture!
No comments:
Post a Comment